Your gift to the Ranney Fund allows Ranney to invest in our faculty with opportunities for meaningful professional development. Such training fosters innovation in the classroom, inspires faculty to connect with students in new ways, promotes retention of expert faculty, and engenders the creation of new coursework.
Your gift says YES to our faculty who are…
- Pursuing professional development that supports our investments in STEAM and Global Education
- Developing character education programs that help students navigate each stage of their development
- Creating cross-divisional projects
- Planning off-campus trips for competitions, enrichment, and service
- Bringing speakers and artists-in-residence to campus
- Continually enhancing our visual and performing arts programs
Design Thinking — A Creative and Analytic Approach to Experiential Learning
A generous Ranney family has committed to make a four-year investment in professional development to train faculty how to empower students through Design Thinking—an empathy-based approach to problem solving and experiential learning using creativity, data analysis and prototyping.
As of the summer of 2017, 17 academic leaders and faculty have participated in a week-long training at the Nueva School’s Design Thinking Institute created in partnership with IDEO and Stanford's d.school. This group is now working with colleagues to integrate creativity, problem solving, and collaboration into all aspects of curriculum.Read faculty perspectives on this amazing training experience
, including how they are implementing what they learned into their 2017-18 classrooms!
See Design Thinking in action in this Building STEAM at Ranney video
How Can You Help?
Please consider a gift or pledge
to the Ranney Fund to support PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT. Your support can make the extraordinary possible for our students!