Dear Members of the Ranney Community,
As we reflect on a successful Homecoming Weekend, prepare for the end of the first marking period and look forward to many seasonal events on campus, we want to pause and provide the community with an important update on our Strategic Planning process.
The Board of Trustees and leadership team were pleased at the incredible participation from our school's constituent groups during the recent focus group discussions with our consultant, Skip Kotkins. Survey participation following the focus groups was also high. Combined totals represent more than 600 participants, including students, faculty, administrators, parents, alumni and former parents of graduates as well as families who left Ranney School mid-way through the complete experience. High levels of participation have not only helped us to collect important feedback for school-wide improvement, but also demonstrate support and dedication for Ranney School through the improvement process.
The data points from the survey
encompass nine areas of consideration we feel are important when considering the development of strategic initiatives for school improvement. These areas are also important in assessing Ranney School as we undertake the self-study report for accreditation with the New Jersey Association of Independent Schools (NJAIS).
The nine areas evaluated in the survey included:
• School Mission (meeting mission-promise and purpose)
• Leadership and Governance (Board and the school leadership team)
• Communications and Marketing (internal/external perceptions and messaging)
• Teaching and Academics (instruction and curriculum)
• Technology (infrastructure and integration into learning)
• Student Support Services (learning support, counseling, transportation and security)
• Facilities and Operation
• Special Programming (student life, extracurricular and activities)
• Athletics and Physical Education (health, wellness, habits of mind and school spirit)
With Skip's help, the steering committee and the Board of Trustees have reviewed the feedback from the community and are beginning to identify the major initiatives that we will then establish goals for; these goals will address all constituents of the school and focus on improvement in each area for the next one, two and three years.
Please click on the links below to review the data and the summary points of the written feedback.Data points from the survey
Until then, we thank you for your invaluable feedback and look forward to sharing with you and your families a festive fall season, including today's Halloween parade, Grandparents and Friends Day on November 25, and upcoming Thanksgiving celebrations.